Wedding Photographer Devon Cornwall: Plymouth Engagement Photo-shoot
Posted on September 24, 2012
Wedding Photographer Devon Cornwall – I’m also a wedding photographer covering my local area of Devon, Cornwall and further afield for a limited number of weddings each year. I’ve decided to share an engagement shoot here as it’s a similar style of photography and might also appeal to non-engaged couples looking for lifestyle or romantic photography. Of course this post will also naturally appeal to anyone who knows someone who is looking for a wedding photographer in Devon and Cornwall.
Wedding Photographer Devon Cornwall
When a couple book their wedding photography with me I offer them a complimentary engagement photo-shoot. The engagement photo-shoot is entirely optional, but highly recommended.
The alternative option is to ‘try before you buy’. You can book me for an engagement shoot independently of a wedding booking. If you then subsequently book me as your wedding photographer, I’ll discount the cost of the engagement shoot from the wedding booking.
Why have engagement photography?
For most engaged couples their wedding day is often the first life event they will hire a professional photographer for. Having an engagement shoot with your wedding photographer has quite a few advantages:
- As wedding photographers typically share most of your wedding day with you, it’s a useful ‘get to know you’ exercise for both the couple and the photographer, so you won’t feel like strangers on the day.
- Feedback can be obtained on any aspects the couple don’t like about being photographed. This gives the photographer an opportunity to adjust the shooting/posing style accordingly for the wedding day.
- Any concerns you may have regarding the quality of the photographer’s work can be tested before your wedding day, giving you the opportunity to make alternative arrangements should the photographer not meet your expectations.
- You get to have fun and celebrate your relationship. A location can either be chosen by the wedding photographer or a favourite location chosen by you for it’s special meaning.
- You will never be together this young again. It’s a milestone point in your life that’s worth recording to look back on in future years and to be treasured by your future children / grandchildren.
- The couple’s favourite image(s) from the photoshoot could be used to create framed and mounted wall art for the home.
- The images could be used in the design of ‘save the date’ cards and other pre-wedding correspondence.
- The images could be printed and incorporated into the wedding day decor.
Engagement Photography Plymouth
I met with the couple after they had finished work and we caught the last of the day’s light in their local park on a warm day in September. Below are a selection of photos from the engagement photo-shoot. Feel free to leave comments at the end.
Engagement Photography – Wall Art
The couple asked for image number 19 to be printed and framed for their bedroom. I showed them a range of different paper types and they choose a Metallic photographic paper option. When the light shines on this paper the amber tones appear metallic gold/bronze and the teal comes to life as blue steel. Due to the limitations of display screen equipment, this effect really needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.
I remastered the original image with a larger colour gamut whilst soft-proofing for the selected paper type. This process is required for professional results. It requires expensive specialist equipment and professional skills. It is not something that customers can do themselves with images supplied on a disc in the standard sRGB format.
The print was framed with three overlays, standard glass and a lightweight black wood effect molding. This molding provided a modern yet classic look, with clean lines.
White and black overlays were used to showcase the print within a triple aperture and a fine black border.
Wall art can be created to suit your own personal taste and decor. A wide range of the best fine art and true photographic papers, frame moldings, standard or museum glass, canvas, and acrylic, are available. If you wish, I can take a photograph of a particular room in your home, and show you various options by simulating how it will look with different images, print options and sizes.
Click here to book your engagement photography
The text in this article and the accompanying photographs are copyrighted. It is illegal to take images from this site for use elsewhere. If you do require an image, enquiries for legitimate use may be made by contacting me.
To follow my work visit my Facebook Page and click the ‘Like’ button, or enter your email address in the ‘Subscribe to Blog via email‘ box (top right of this page).
Professional Photographer Plymouth Devon Cornwall
Please click here if you’re looking for a Professional Photographer in Plymouth, Devon and Cornwall for portrait, art and lifestyle photography.